UK-Bus-Photo@googlegroups.com

[UK Bus Photo] Re: Reading Buses - 1114 Devon General Mon Jul 27 10:30:18 2009

Jeff

Just out of interest I checked my photos and found I'd taken 4 of 1114
and none showed a clear destination blind!

I know exactly what you mean thought. I was in the north east for a
week in June (still sorting the photos out before I post to the group)
and over the week took just over 1400 photos, due to having to take 3
or 4 photos of each vehicle with electronic blinds. Thankfully, Arriva
still have a certain amount of vehicles with paper blinds. I'm glad
TfL are against electronic blinds, generally only need one shot of
London vehicles.

Colin

IMAGE SIZES are important, as is QUALITY. Try not to post very large photos or
very small ones. Pixel width should be no bigger than 1600 and no smaller than
800. This allows members to view the images full screen, depending on their
monitor settings.

Quality should be sharp and maintained when resizing images. File sizes should
be around the 250KB - 600KB mark, but not bigger than 800KB. Try to keep
somewhere in the middle of all this, around 400KB can produce good images with
no loss of quality.

You can easily reduce the size of images using
Google's own picassa http://picasa.google.com/ or
Irfanview http://www.irfanview.com/