WellRailed@googlegroups.com

Re: [WellRailed] Executable specification/continuous delivery Walter McGinnis Thu Feb 09 18:00:58 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Jeremy Olliver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We've just setup Jenkins as CI yesterday, though this isn't the first time
> we've used it, and it seems to be pretty good.
> I'm not a fan of plain language specifications myself, though am finding on
> our current project that rspec syntax in combination with Capybara steps (no
> cucumber) is very readable. I don't think it's feasible to get a BA to write
> the acutal tests/specs personally, and if they only need to specify what
> you're testing, not write it themselves, then sitting down with a BA/tester
> and writing some specs then is a nice way to go.

Here's more discussion about cutting out cucumber and using some helpers for
more helpful output when using rspec with capybara:

http://blog.railsware.com/2012/01/08/capybara-with-givenwhenthen-steps-in-acceptance-testing/

Haven't tried it myself.