alcoholicsanonymous@googlegroups.com

Re: anybody can be an addict, not everybody can be a drunk Anne Mcneill Wed Feb 24 03:00:17 2010

AA, saved my life and with the help and support of the fellowship and HP, on a
daily basis, it will continue to do so.
The woman who was my bridesmaid, 25 years ago, has been sober, 24 years, odaat,
and doesn't do meetings now. I'm only back 3 1/2 years and was quite cross with
her for not attending. She says "I don't need a meeting today"
Everyone has a right to choose, today, I believe that is a great part of being
sober, to have choice back in my life.
Dear Blue, where I come from, we call Bob a "wind-up merchant" i.e.. does it to
rattle others cages, constantly trying to provoke reaction. In my opinion and
only for me, he makes tonnes of valid points and can definitely, talk the talk,
whether he can walk it, only Bob knows. Who am I to criticise,?
At the live show, which I go to on a daily basis, I take what I need from every
meeting I attend and I love to stay close to the recovery and not hang around
the sickness.
Love and hugs, Anne x

________________________________
From: Blue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Alcoholics Anonymous <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wed, 24 February, 2010 3:58:13
Subject: Re: anybody can be an addict, not everybody can be a drunk

On Feb 23, 9:16 pm, "Rule #63" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm truly grateful I don't qualify for AA membership.
>
> Bob

HA! Robert, you really don't know how to keep things simple do
you..... honestly.

You are NOT an AA member anyway, you don't go to meetings, you don't
contribute or support AA,  so the traditions have nothing to do with
you.... of course you're going to trash the traditions...choosing not
to be a part of is just killing you inside I'm sure.

Tradition 3 doesn't refer or wasn't written for people like you are
today anyway Robert, however when you first came around, you were damn
lucky they were there, how fast we forget....even you were given a
chair and welcomed when you first came in.

In another post you were trashing the Traditions... ?

Do you not want others who are serious drinkers to know that no matter
what, they are welcome?

In other words, do you not want others to have the same opportunities
at recovery as you did ?

I've been a member of this online group for along time, and we have
had our share of Anti AA, and I don't think this is the right group to
promote that stuff...and the Traditions are the reason why we are all
still here today.

The Steps help us from committing Suicide,
The Traditions help us from committing Homicide

I'm not saying what's right or what's wrong, I really don't care...
but this is an AA Google Group, and people come here looking for AA
and how AA works...

I am responsible when anyone, anywhere reaches out for AA, I want the
hand of AA to always be there... I will NOT be responsible for Anti AA
to be here when anyone, anywhere reaches out.

I would like to call a group conscience, Mike, Murph, anyone else...
please tell me I'm not way of base here....because we are either going
to support AA or Not... if Not then those who choose Anti AA need to
start another Group with another name Please.

Now I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, and I can't and won't
even attempt to our wit or out type our Robert's wisdom, he is just to
smart for me...

I like your posts, I like your down to earth, living life without
drinking and your knowledge on AA.... years ago you helped me.....

but now Anti AA ? I can't stomach that Robert.

I don't care... I don't want that Great Wisdom... Keeping it simple is
what works for me and millions of others who have chosen AA as a way
of life... I want what they have

Quote: t3
This Tradition is packed with meaning. For A.A. is really saying to
every serious drinker, "You are an A.A. member if you say so. You can
declare yourself in; nobody can keep you out. No matter who you are,
no matter how low you've gone, no matter how grave your emotional
complications - even your crimes - we still can't deny you A.A. We
don't want to keep you out. We aren't a bit afraid you'll harm us,
never mind how twisted or violent you may be. We just want to be sure
that you get the same great chance for sobriety that we've had. So
you're an A.A. member the minute you declare yourself."  </quote>

To me that's pretty simple and straight forward,

Thank God for AA unity.