alcoholicsanonymous@googlegroups.com

Re: Murph stated I'd like to call for a group conscience, and so would I. Is that a motion and a second mike t Thu Feb 25 06:00:04 2010

It was Blue who asked for a group conscience.

Frankly I don't see why everyone is so distraught over Bob.  I don't
see Bob as anti-AA, only anti-rituals and anti-worship.  He raises
valid questions that everyone should consider.  AA didn't start out as
ritualized and convoluted as it has become today, where the primary
message and primary purposes have become so muddled and watered down
with other addictions or political correctness.  As rough as Bob is
around the edges, I believe he is banging on the drum of the original
message of AA, not modern AA's message.  That has the effect of
rustling many people's feathers because it isn't the feel-good,
everything-will-be-okay-if-you-just-don't-drink pablum prevalent in
meetings today.

If you can't handle what's written just delete it or change your own
outlook.  Insisting someone else conform to us is not what AA has
taught me.

mike t.