alfs-discuss@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: Catching GMP test failures Pierre Labastie Thu Feb 09 15:00:32 2012

Le 09/02/2012 21:53, Pierre Labastie a écrit :
Le 09/02/2012 21:16, Matt Burgess a écrit :
The attached patch changes the command to:

make check 2>&1 | tee gmp-check-log>>   $TEST_LOG 2>&1&&   exit
$PIPESTATUS

Another way could be to eliminate any piping to tee during the tests
(testing the input line for '| tee'), since
the output is recorded anyway in $TEST_LOG...
I'd prefer this solution, otherwise we'd have to change how tests
are handled on a case by case basis each time the book adds
this kind of command (which was only in glibc when jhalfs was written)
Well,
The only places where there is a tee in the book are glibc and
gmp, and furthermore, the ouput of the tee is important
for the following awk command. So I propose to just add parentheses
to Matt's patch.
See attached

Regards
Pierre