amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [AMaViS-user] amavisd-release and apache suexec Mark Martinec Mon Sep 29 11:00:20 2008

Michael,

> > Try changing
> >   $log_level = 1;
> >   $log_level = 2;
> > within amavisd-release. Perhaps also redirect its stderr to some file,
> > then see what is reported.
>
> Thanks Mark, I changed the log level OK but am at a loss regarding the
> error messages. amavisd logs fine to my maillog but amavisd-release
> doesn't appear to log anywhere at all. Please, what do I add (and where)
> to start logging to, say, /var/log/amavisd-release.log

amavisd-release logs to stderr. Perhaps you changed $log_level in
file amavisd.conf - which has no effect on amavisd-release.
The setting must be changed directly in a program amavisd-release,
somewhere near its beginning.

  Mark