anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com

Scaling up the timezone map Máirín Duffy Fri Feb 17 10:01:14 2012

Hi,

vpodzime and I had a discussion in IRC yesterday about how we might be
able to rearrange the time-date spoke to make the timezone map bigger
and thus more easily clickable.

The pros here is that a large map really is much easier to interact
with; the smaller it is, the less likely the clickable function is going
to be used and the easier it is going to be for people to click on the
wrong zone.

The con here is that it won't match the gnome-control-center date-time
spoke exactly anymore, so it will be a different arrangement of the same
widgets / slightly inconsistent. I think that the change may be worth
the usability gain in the map, though.

Here's the before:
http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/Anaconda/Prototypes/Previews/timedate/timedate-before_largermap.png

Here's the after:
http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/Anaconda/Prototypes/Previews/timedate/timedate-after_largermap.png

(Note upstream switch the 24-hour / AM/PM control from a switch to a
radio button control. The after reflects this change as well.)

Thoughts?

~m