android-developers@googlegroups.com

[android-developers] Bitmap recycle B.Arunkumar Thu Feb 23 05:00:43 2012

Hi,

    I have an imageview that is continuously rendering bitmaps created
from FFMPEG decoded byte array from IP Camera. Here is the code below:

bm = Bitmap.createBitmap(width, height, Bitmap.Config.ARGB_8888);
b=ByteBuffer.wrap(pixelstemp);
bm.copyPixelsFromBuffer(b);
if ((bm!=null)&&(bm.isRecycled()==false))
{
        bm.recycle();
}

I have used bitmap recycle since I get OutofMemory error every now and
then. However, when I use bitmap recycle , the app crashes with
Viewroot.draw(boolean): Line ....

Could somebody suggest what is to be done?

Thank you,
B.Arunkumar