android-discuss@googlegroups.com

[android-discuss] Re: Time to raise app prices? Nathan Wed Feb 15 21:00:05 2012

On Feb 15, 6:57 pm, Jeffrey Kesselman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Unfortunately you have established a value proposition with the buyer at
> $0.99  It is very difficult to  move  price up on the american consumer.
>
> This is why low-balling is a bad idea in any market.

I agree with your second statement but not your first.

Just what buyer has Brian established the .99 value proposition with?
The ones who have already paid? Well, this isn't a recurring purchase.

Despite Brian's marketing prowess, I doubt his product and it's exact
price are a household name.

People newly discovering the product have no memory of when the
product was 0.99.The 500,000 people activating an Android device today
aren't going to be expecting to see Brian's app at 0.99.

I say go for it. Skip the 1.29 stuff and go straight to 1.99. Heck, if
you are in a loyal niche with little competition, raise it gradually
to 4.99.

Remember also you can experiment with little consequence. You can a
different price in different currency, and a different price each hour
of the day if you want to monitor it.

You just might find your orders *increase* for a higher price. Report
back.

Nathan