android-discuss@googlegroups.com

Re: [android-discuss] Re: New App Stats for Publishers on Android Market c beck Wed Feb 29 04:01:03 2012

On Feb 28, 2012 11:32 PM, "Peter Sinnott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A little data can be a dangerous thing.
> I am wondering why 15% of Mondays installs are not for the latest
> version of my app.
> The two answers are probably related.
>

>From what I have seen, the market does an excellent job of picking up apps
that were installed from a different location / market. The market even at
one point was offering me updates to a program I had purchased from
Amazon.   Not sure how that would have worked,  b/cup it was also a paid
app on the Google market.   Anyway,  I'm suggesting that these statistics
could include alternate market installs that happened recently,  or could
represent piracy.   Arrr...

http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.