android-discuss@googlegroups.com

Re: [android-discuss] Re: Very handy app for Android (Google Play) merchants Kevin Chadwick Mon Apr 02 05:00:33 2012

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 16:58:55 -0700 (PDT)
niko20 wrote:

> My personal opinion is if you build an app for this then you need to
> make it open source. I'm not going to type in my Google account
> numbers into ANY app without knowing exactly what it may be doing with
> the information.

Sensible, please also bear in mind that it is possible to bypass
permissions and even gain root.

For a few reasons I won't use my phone for any sort of ordering atleast
using any account with more than a very little spending power and
rediculous charges. Not untill a far better wallet system is implemented
in any rate. Still I'd use Google Wallet well before a contactless bank
card.

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2163404/researchers-punch-holes-barclays-contactless-pay

The fix, untested, I'd try and keep the polish away from the magnetic
strip.

http://www.woodall.me.uk/barclays/