android-discuss@googlegroups.com

Re: [android-discuss] clock drop Tim Mensch Tue Apr 03 12:01:13 2012

On 4/3/2012 11:01 AM, bob wrote:
I noticed that, on Android, the CPU clock rate changes a lot. For instance, it may drop from 1 GHz to 100 MHz if not much is going on. Is this

an Android thing, or do desktops and other systems do this too?

Desktops can do this too, yes, though they often market it as "turbo boost." I've seen some that drop the clock rate down a lot for power savings, though.

Tim