android-kernel@googlegroups.com

Re: Emualator fails at Boot up David Turner Mon Mar 02 08:01:49 2009

Ok, I just rebuilt a kernel from the official sources and could boot with
it.
Here's what I did:

git clone git://android.git.kernel.org/kernel/common  kernel-common
cd kernel-common
git branch goldfish origin/android-goldfish-2.6.27
git checkout goldfish

# you need to have the Android toolchain in your path, so that arm-eabi-gcc
works, etc..
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi-
export ARCH=arm
export SUBARCH=arm
make goldfish_defconfig     # configure the kernel
make                                # build it

-> this generates the file arch/arm/boot/zImage

then start the emulator with: "emulator -kernel path/to/your/new/zImage
-show-kernel -logcat '*:v'"

let me know if these exact steps do not work.