android-security-discuss@googlegroups.com

[android-security-discuss] Application Signature Verification Oleg Gryb Thu Feb 02 22:01:54 2012

Is there any way to verify an Android's application signature's
signer? By this I mean that I need to check if an application was
signed by an organization that I trust to and that all public
certificates in the chain representing this organization are valid.

I've looked at PackageManager already, but could not get anything from
there except signature's bytes and I'm not sure what the format of
that signature is or if I can derive signer information from those
bytes.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.