android-security-discuss@googlegroups.com

[android-security-discuss] Re: Application Signature Verification Oleg Gryb Thu Feb 02 22:03:13 2012

So each time when somebody wants to connect to a new website you
suggest to check it manually, probably by googling or by cheeking an
author's background. Interesting approach, but I think, it'll hardly
work for 99% of people including myself.

The same is true about mobile apps and yes, I do care about all 180M
web sites and 500,000 android apps simply because I have no idea which
website I'll need to visit tomorrow or which app to download to my
device. At the time when I need them, most likely I won't have time to
verify anything, so I'll need to rely on somebody or something, be it
Android market or a CA.