android-security-discuss@googlegroups.com

[android-security-discuss] Extended security permissions Svitlana Rybka Wed Mar 07 07:06:12 2012

Greetings Android Developers,

I represent a team that works on MDM system. We want to have the
following opportunities to be implemented in our system:
- silent install / uninstall of the applications
- switching on the GPS and Network Location without user's
confirmation (switch Use GPS satellites and Use wireless networks)
- enable our application as device administrator without user's
confirmation  (to perform device lock and wipe features)
- protect our application from being deleted by user.

I suppose that all these can be done if a device has super user
(device is rooted). Is there any documentation on these matter? Maybe
you can provide us the contacts of a person who is authorized to help
us?

Best Regards, Svetlana.