applescript-users@lists.apple.com

Re: Issue with process names Brian Christmas Wed Feb 08 22:00:17 2012

On 09/02/2012, at 3:59 PM, Alex Zavatone wrote:

Ahh, correct. That is bizarre.

On Feb 8, 2012, at 9:36 PM, Shane Stanley wrote:

> On 09/02/2012, at 2:17 PM, Alex Zavatone wrote:
>
>> Ok, it's been tested.  I have Adobe Acrobat 9 installed on Snow Leopard.
>>
>> Acrobat conforms to the results just like I mentioned.
>>
>> In the plist, this is what I see:
>>
>> CFBundleExecutable: AdobeAcrobat
>>
>> Running my script, this is what I see:
>>
>>                      "Dictionary",
>>                      "AdobeAcrobat",
>>                      "Property List Editor"
>
> But that still doesn't answer the question of why a script has to address it
> as application "Adobe Acrobat Pro", not application "AdobeAcrobat".
>

> --
> Shane Stanley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 'AppleScriptObjC Explored' <www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/>

G'day

I've been dealing with this for 5 years with a mail graphics printing script I
have.

1.  The script has to address Applications by their Finder name, e.g. Adobe
Acrobat 9 is the folder name, whereas Adobe Acrobat Pro is the Finder name.

2.  The Process name can be the same for different iterations of an
Application. e.g. version 4 & 5 of the Adobe suite use the same process names,
but different Finder names. From memory, if both versions of an Apps iterations
are open at once, the Finder is intelligent enough to use the last version of
the process name. I'm pretty sure I tested it several years ago, and found
that. Could be wrong tho (grin).

Every time Adobe update their CS suite, I have to update the Application names,
but usually not the process names.

Regards

Santa