applescript-users@lists.apple.com

Re: Populating a variable from a txt file sono-io Mon Feb 13 19:00:35 2012

On Feb 13, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Stan Cleveland wrote:

> set  bannedList to paragraphs of (read alias
> "MacHD:Users:stanc:Desktop:PhoneNumbers.txt")

        That work's perfectly, Stan.  Thank you very much!

On Feb 13, 2012, at 5:33 PM, Shane Stanley wrote:

-- delete blank entries at end
repeat while item -1 of bannedList = ""
        set bannedList to items 1 thru -2 of bannedList
end repeat

        Shane, bannedList gets emptied when I use this code.  Am I supposed to
tweak it for my application or should it work "as-is"?

Thanks again,
Mark