atom-protocol@imc.org

Re: Implementing Atompub Colm Divilly Tue Aug 11 01:00:32 2009

I found Tim Bray's APE [1] very useful for testing. There's also Joe Gregorio's test client [2]

[1] http://www.tbray.org/ape/
[2] http://bitworking.org/projects/apptestclient/

Toby A Inkster wrote:

Hello all,

I'm looking for advice on how to implement Atompub in my blogging/CMS tool demiblog <http://demiblog.org/>.

There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of guidance for developers on how to implement Atompub. There's the RFC of course, which is a definitive source of information, and fairly well-written and clear from what I can tell, but I'm looking for tips on "where to start?"

What is a minimal useful subset of Atompub that I should implement first?

POST/PUT of atom:entry elements seems to be a good start to me. If I just implement this to begin with, is that enough for Atompub clients to be able to add and edit blog entries? Or are things like workspaces, service documents, etc vital for them to work properly?

I do eventually hope to implement Atompub in its entirety, but am looking for quick wins first.