bicyclelifestyle@googlegroups.com

{BL} Re: One Bike For 60 Years of Love and Abuse? MichaelH Fri Feb 17 14:00:50 2012

This may be mission impossible.  Our bodies change over time, as do
our souls.  Even avoiding a sudden life change, no one can say what
will work that far in the future.

That said.  For the greatest life expectancy, I would definitely go
with a steel frame.  It's my understanding that no one has ever
returned a broken / worn out Rolheiser hub.  Phil Wood BB.  Paul's
brakes.  135 mm axles; 36 spokes, 26" wheels with V shaped rims..
Nitto bars, stem & seat post.  White pedals with Gordon clips.  B17
saddle.  Wipperman chain.  If you do decide to go the derailler route
avoid integrated shifters, unless you're willing to replace them every
15,000 miles or so.

 For the money, given the description of your riding, you probably
wont find a better value than the Atlantis.

Michael, let us know how this unfolds.