biojava-l@biojava.org

Re: [Biojava-l] SequenceLogo Richard Holland Thu Nov 06 18:00:34 2008

Hello.

You need to do three things. First, you need to get your sequence
alignment. This will involve constructing one yourself, or parsing it
from a file. How you do this depends entirely on what form your
alignment data is in.

Second, you must convert your sequence alignment into a distribution.
You can do this by using DistributionTools.distOverAlignment() and
passing in your alignment:

http://biojava.org/docs/api/org/biojava/bio/dist/DistributionTools.html#distOverAlignment(org.biojava.bio.symbol.Alignment)

Lastly, you need to pass your distribution into an instance of
DistributionLogo in order to render the logo:

http://biojava.org/docs/api/org/biojava/bio/gui/DistributionLogo.html

cheers,
Richard

2008/11/6 Markus Engel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi!
>
> I'm completely new and unfamiliar with the BioJava-Project.
> I'm trying to draw a sequence logo, but I have no idea how it works.
> A simple example or howto would be sufficient for the moment. At least I
> hope it is.
> If somebody could tell me, what I need and how it is done, I would be very
> grateful!
>
> best regards
> Markus Engel

Richard Holland, BSc MBCS
Finance Director, Eagle Genomics Ltd
M: +44 7500 438846 | E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.eaglegenomics.com/