biopython@biopython.org

Re: [BioPython] GenBank and raw_input() Peter Wed Jan 02 06:05:11 2008

On Dec 1, 2007 8:02 PM, João Rodrigues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm trying to code a small function that uses the GenBank.search_for()
> method but I can't get it to work with raw_input(). I tried using input and
> then converting to str, tried to create a raw string and then concatenate
> with my raw_input string, nothing works.. I keep having an error in the
> urllib2 (probably because the link isn't properly built).
>
> Any ideas?

Can you get GenBank.search_for() to work fine with a predefined search
term?

When you are using raw_input() to get the user to type in some search
terms, have you tried stripping off any whitespace (new lines, spaces)
as that might cause problems.

If you could show us a short example that doesn't work it would be
easier to try and help.

Peter