blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: Nit picking on SED usage Ken Moffat Mon Sep 29 14:29:27 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Matthias Benkmann wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:17:46 -0700 "Jim Gifford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Why do we have some many different version of sed usages throughout the
> > book example?
>
> One word: UNIX
>
> ;-)
>
> MSB

 It's also ever so educational.  Not very long ago, each time there was a
new editor the style of the new seds would change.  I take the point
about quoting and scripts, but at least one of hte editors will tell you
it isn't the book's job to make your scripts easier!

Ken
--
 Peace, love, linux