blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: KDE and dbus Bruce Dubbs Mon Jan 29 18:14:14 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 1/28/07, Bruce Dubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> and I got an error about not finding /usr/local/share/dbus-1/services/.
>>  With research, I see we set this in the dbus
>> /etc/dbus-1/session-local.conf file, but we never create the directory!
>
> I guess I didn't write it well enough then. I was trying to put some
> example text there for if you needed to add a <servicedir> and figured
> something in /usr/local was nice and generic. I don't want to start
> creating unnecessary directories.

I now see that.  I was in the process of installing 60+ packages just to
get to the point where I could build and test KDE.  I didn't read it
closely enough.  What I still don't understand is why one could get into
the situation that "packages install a D-Bus  .service file outside of
the standard /usr/share/dbus-1/services directory".  Have you run in
that situation?

In any case, I think it may be appropriate to add:

'mkdir -p /usr/local/share/dbus-1/services. right below

cat > /etc/dbus-1/session-local.conf << "EOF"
EOF

Alternatively, we might add a highlighted note to the effect that the
user should ensure the directory specified in session-local.conf exists.

What do you think?

  -- Bruce