blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: [blfs-dev] [blfs-book] r9433 [ seed ] Ken Moffat Thu Feb 16 08:00:24 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 07:46:07AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> +
> +    <para>This package does not have a working testsuite.</para>
> +

 I was originally going to ask to have it minuted that this was
where I cracked and told the truth about a testsuite, after some
circumlocutions in earlier commits :-)

 And  I was going to plead in mitigation that I've had it 'up to
here' with packages that need to be installed before their tests
will run (or, perhaps, since this is gnome, they expect you to be
running the previous stable version).  For this one, I even went
back to a gnome session and reinstalled libpeas (the gnome devs
recommend seed as a dep for libpeas : that is circular, since seed
requires peas), but still there were two failures in the seed
tests.

 But instead, I'm going to suggest that we just stop mentioning
testsuites in BLFS.

ĸen