blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: [blfs-dev] qemu-kvm Nathan Coulson Tue Feb 21 04:00:12 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Qrux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2012, at 1:26 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>> You know I added kvm-qemu to BLFS a couple of days ago, right?
>
> I added a BLFS-style markdown page:
>
>        https://github.com/qrux/xlapp/blob/master/README-blfs.md
>
> It tries to mimic the style of the BLFS book.  I'm hoping it can make it into
> the book if someone will take a stab at translating it into the appropriate
> SGML, etc.
>
> I'm not sure about putting the config into this page, the way you did for
> KVM.  It's a pretty lengthy subject.  How about creating an additional
> page(s) (also in the Virtualization section) for each virt system?  I know it
> might be a bit unusual, and perhaps without precedent, but (as Nathan said
> earlier) VMs are sort of in this gray, meta, territory.

the patch gives a 404, but I installed dev86, and acpica (Based upon
the cblfs book)
https://github.com/qrux/xlapp/blob/master/src/xen-4.1.2-no_firmware-1.patch

Installed via the following:

make MAKEFLAGS="-j 1" xen tools &&
make install-xen install-tools

(Decided to keep things simple, BTW, is -j1 the default for make?  and
is there a problem with the xorg check?).  I have a 32bit glibc
userspace, although no clue what dependencies 32bit had.

I wonder if some of the kernel options have changed since 3.0/3.1
though,  I was not finding a few of them easy to find

now to figure out how to actually "use" xen.  In a few weeks, I will
be managing xen based virtual machines. (yes Bruce, the shoe is on the
other foot now).  Seems a bit more "integrated" then qemu is.

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------