blfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: [blfs-support] Read ntfs file system Jocelyn Fréchot Wed Feb 29 15:01:14 2012

On 29/02/2012 22:32, spiky wrote:

> The 1st time I tried to mount ntfs with the copied config file, it
> reported "will check /etc/filesystem  or /proc/filesystem".

For information about those files you can check “man mount” (look for
the “-t” option) and “man filesystems” (by the way I thought there was
a page dealing with /etc/filesystems in BLFS or LFS but I cannot find
any).

>      When I checked /proc on latest blfs it had files and folders in, all
> my other blfs builds /proc is empty??
>      Should /proc be empty

Short answer: no (but I guess some minimal systems can live without it).
I guess you are missing either the /proc file system support kernel
option (in my 2.6 kernel’s “make menuconfig”: File systems →
Pseudo filesystems → /proc file system support), or the “proc” entry in
your /etc/fstab file, something like:
   proc  /proc  proc  defaults  0  0

> If I install ntfs-3g do i build the kernel, dos etc as a module?

You don’t have to. I’m using ntfs-3g with a monolithic kernel and have
no problems. Just check for File systems → FUSE support.

--
Jocelyn