blfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: [blfs-support] cairo-1.12.0 text rendering buggy? Andrew Benton Sun Apr 01 07:03:46 2012

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 13:44:59 +0100
Tobias Gasser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andrew Benton schrieb:
> > Hello,
> > I've been trying to use cairo-1.12.0 over the last few days and it
> > seems quite buggy.
>
> i just reverted to 1.10.2 too.
>
> i have problems with screen-garbage running midnight-commander in a
> x-terminal. i couldn't find anything really matching with google, but i
> got other cairo-related problems thus i just tried wether stepping back
> would solve my problem - and it did!
>
> most packages are up to blfs-current, but i don't use gtk3 (xfce 4.8.x
> requires gtk2). all packages which require gtk3 are not up to
> blsf-current but should be up to the latest version for gtk2.

I wonder if we should put cairo-1.10.2 back in the book. In my opinion
cairo-1.12.0 is too buggy. Personally I'll continue to use cairo-1.12.0
on my main system as I want to get to the bottom of this, but for the
foreseeable future I'll use cairo-1.10.2 on the other computers (used by
family).

Andy