bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org

RE: JavaScript Debugger Langley, John Tue May 01 12:00:43 2007

I'd also be interested in responses as we may have a similar need.

As far as other debuggers go...

I've looked at the Groovy debugger, and the version that was in
subversion when I last tried it (about 1.5 months ago) was actually
quite good, you could set break points in scripts, trace calls back and
forth between java and the script language (groovy), see variable values
in the script and java. Although there were some rough spots (the
interface point between java and the script language, i.e. calling
between the two levels, was a bit rough) it showed great promise.

Langley

-----Original Message-----
From: Daling Xu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 8:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JavaScript Debugger

Hi,

  We are planning to use BSF and several scripting languages for our
project. We plan to start from JavaScript and continue to start to
support other scripting languages in future.

  Is there any good JavaScript Debugger? If possible, we prefer an
Eclipse plugin. So far, I researched several: ATF JavaScript Debugger,
Venkman, SplineTech JavaScript Debugger. But all of them defaultly
assume that it's debugging JavaScript inside a webpage and some even
require a HTTP server. That's not true for my project, mine is nothing
to do with web.  I also tried Rhino's GUI debugger, but the GUI doesn't
look very nice, also it can't be integrated with Eclipse.

  So, anybody here is using JavaScript for serious, non-web development?
What kind of debugger did you use?

  If we can't find a JavaScript deubgger satisfy the requirement, any
other scripting language debugger available that can debug a standalone
script and could be integrated to Eclipse as a plugin?

  Thank you very much for any information.

  Daling