cb-750@yahoogroups.com

[CB-750] Re: How accidents happen... Khyron The Dread Fri Aug 24 18:06:15 2007

Interesting stories to hear. I'm glad you guys are alive and alright enough to
tell them. I've been riding for 6 months now ('96 cb750) and even rode in
Thailand traffic for 3 weeks. I crashed once the first week I got my bike...
and just crashed again (I'm embarrassed to say) last Friday.

Details and pics can be found here:
http://nighthawkslounge.blogspot.com/2007/08/so-i-crashed-again.html

In short, too much throttle and too sharp a turn while making a left onto a
busy street. Back wheel went out from under me and I low-sided. Luckily no cars
were coming at the time. Since my first crash, I always wear my old
rollerblading knee pads under my pants... and sometimes felt like a dork for
it. They saved me some serious road rash in this case and I walked away w/ a
couple of bruises. After some bending, filing, and taping, the bike is still
good enough to ride (though now with even more... ahem... character).

Cheers & ride safe,
-CC

PS My standard riding gear includes full-face helmet, padded riding jacket,
gauntlet gloves, kneepads and hiking boots and I was glad to have it all on
when I went down.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.