RE: [cfaussie] MySQL - date insertion issues. Steve Onnis Tue Jul 19 13:00:31 2011

Depends on how your OS is set up for dates, ie US dates or whatever.  By the
way, this isn't a mySQL issue, it is an OS level issue.

US dates are month/day/year which is why it is not doing what you are
expecting it to do

If you want a quick fix, convert the month to a string

<cfset dateArray= listToArray(form.datelisted, "/") />
<cfset dateArray[2] = monthAsString(dateArray[2]) />
<cfset dateValue = arrayToList(dateArray, "-") />

>From here you can use your date as you need it because the parser will see
the month string and treat it as such and put it in the right place

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Gavin Baumanis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 July 2011 12:05 AM
To: cfaussie
Subject: [cfaussie] MySQL - date insertion issues.

Hi Everyone,

I have the following code;

form.date : #form.datelisted#<br />
LSDATEFORMAT : #lsdateformat(form.datelisted, 'YYYY-MM-DD')#<br />
DATEFORMAT : #dateformat(form.datelisted, 'YYYY-MM-DD')#<br />
CREATEODBCDATE : #createodbcdate(form.datelisted)#<br />
CREATEODBCDATETIME : #createodbcdatetime(form.datelisted)#<br />

Which outputs the following;

form.date : 01/03/2011
LSDATEFORMAT : 2011-01-03
DATEFORMAT : 2011-01-03
CREATEODBCDATE : {d '2011-01-03'}
CREATEODBCDATETIME : {ts '2011-01-03 00:00:00'}

My question is why are my month and day parts of my date being
transposed?
How do I stop it from being so?

The date that should be inserted into the database is the 1st of
March, not 3rd January.

As always - Thanks!

Gavin.