[cfaussie] Re: MySQL - date insertion issues. Gavin Baumanis Wed Jul 20 00:00:59 2011

Hi Everyone,
And thanks to you all for replying...

Upon reflection my initial email wasn't very good.
I have postgresql and mysql installed.
Using postgresql;

(ls)dateformat(DATE,"YYYY-MM-DD") both correctly insert a eurodate
into the database.

I am trying to do something with mysql on the same machine - and so
assumed it was a mysql issue as opposed to anything else.

SetLocale / lsdateformat... does indeed correct the issue for me - but
I still wonder why it is not needed for postgresql backend and yet it
is required for mysql?

Anyway.... I can successfully insert dates now... so I suppose that's
the important thing!

Gavin.