Re: [cfaussie] REMINDER : Melbourne Adobe Developers next meeting, 21st July 2011, presentation details Mark Mandel Thu Jul 21 02:00:21 2011

Unfortunately I can't make it. Have fun without me! :)

Mark

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Paul Kukiel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'll be there.
>
> Paul K
>

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Steve Onnis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Here are the full details for this Thursday's presentation.
>> *** Remember, please RSVP if you're attending so that we can arrange
>> catering. ***
>>
>> Presentation 1: Ayudh Nagara
>>
>> Topic: Web Widgets
>> * What, Why, How?
>> * The widget business model
>> * Basic framework and tools
>> * Getting around the AJAX "same origin" rule
>> * Demo
>>
>> Ayudh Nagara is co-founder and director of Xilo Online, a web and
>> mobile payment gateway provider. He has been using ColdFusion since
>> Version 2, and ColdFusion remains the primary application server for
>> this business, as well as other web application projects he has worked
>> on over the years.
>>
>> Prior to that, Ayudh worked for IBM for over 25 years in a number of
>> technical, sales and management roles.
>>
>> Ayudh's current area of interest and continued learning is in the fast
>> growing area of rich UI's and front-end web application development
>> covering AJAX, JSON, jQuery, DHTML, CSS and Javascript.
>>

>> Presentation 2: Phil Haeusler
>>
>> Topic: Multi-Device Mobile Development
>>
>> See how simple it is to use Flash Builder to build apps for Apple,
>> Android and Blackberry Playbook devices. Using the Flex Mobile
>> components and Adobe AIR, we'll cover the work flow of developing a
>> multi-device app from the setting up of an empty project to deploying
>> the app on multiple-devices and publishing to the Apple, Android and
>> Blackberry online stores.
>>
>> And to prove that it's not all smoke and mirrors, we'll build a social
>> app that can be deployed to mobile devices at the user group.
>>
>> Phil is an independent software consultant who codes for food. Often
>> found using ColdFusion, Flex and the greater Adobe product stack, Phil
>> advocates best practice approaches to development methodologies,
>> testing and deployment security. He is a long time RocketBoots partner
>> and CodeWar quizmaster.
>>
>> Date: Thursday 21 July 2011
>> Time: 6:30 PM
>> Location:
>> CogState
>> Level 2
>> 255 Bourke Street
>> Melbourne, VIC, 3000
>>
>> A note on the door will provide a number to ring for access.
>> RSVP: Please reply to this post if you are planning to attend so we
>> know how many pizzas to order.
>>
>> As always, many thanks to Dale Fraser and CogState for their
>> hospitality. We look forward to seeing you all there.
>>
>> Peter Robertson
>>
>> Co-Manager
>> Melbourne Adobe Developers
>>
>> Steve Onnis
>>
>> Manager
>> Melbourne Adobe Developers
>>
>> --
>>

>> --

> [...]

E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

cf.Objective(ANZ) + Flex - Nov 17, 18 - Melbourne Australia
http://www.cfobjective.com.au