cfwheels@googlegroups.com

[cfwheels] True nested layouts Tom King Tue Feb 21 07:02:22 2012

I may well be missing something here.. but..

Nested layouts - what I currently have is this

/views/layout.cfm <----master layout file, includes the <html><body> tags
etc.
/views/main/layout.cfm <---- layout file for the main controller, which
overrides /views/layout.cfm
/views/main/index.cfm <---- the main content page

At the moment, /views/main/layout.cfm will override /views/layout.cfm
completely. this means I have an identical call to a bunch of partials in
both the master layout and the sublayout in order to recreate the top
layout page.

Without using partials, and without having to specify layouts on the child
page, how can I get this?

/views/layout.cfm <----master layout file, includes the <html><body> tags
etc.
/views/main/layout.cfm <---- layout file for the main controller, nesting
automatically within /views/layout.cfm
/views/main/index.cfm <---- the main content page, nesting automatically
with /views/main/layout.cfm

i.e, I can't seem to work out how to make it automatically inherit the
parent layout wrapped around it..
What am I missing?
Ta