chromium-dev@googlegroups.com

[chromium-dev] Re: linux: tabs on top Mike Pinkerton Wed Jan 28 14:00:57 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Amanda Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It may be endless pain, but isn't it what we still do in XP, for
> similar reasons?  And in Cole's prototypes of Mac window frames and
> tabs, we're also overriding OS window frame drawing in order to
> provide Chromium-style tab and window styling (it's designed to blend
> with native Mac windows, but it's not using the default window
> appearance).

Sorry, this couldn't be further from what we're actually doing right
now. We're inserting a view into the window's view hierarchy as a
sibling to the contentView, which works surprisingly well. We may run
into issues with the window title, but for right now, the OS is
drawing everything with no custom frame drawing.

--
Mike Pinkerton
Mac Weenie