cocos2d-iphone-discuss@googlegroups.com

[cocos2d-iphone] Re: following a sprite with a "camera" Phil Thu Apr 30 17:01:49 2009

Excellent! Will be following your progress, I've been meaning to check out
ruby properly sometime, maybe I'll give it a go, see what all the hype is
about, once I've managed to get my first objective-c/cocos2d project out the
door!

Looking forward to seeing your examples, maybe some of them could be
back-ported to native objective-c/cocos2d, as it sounds like your writing
some more specialized demos that could be useful to all.

Good luck with your game!

Phil.

2009/4/30 Rolando Abarca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Apr 30, 2009, at 1:15 PM, Phil wrote:
>
> > Hey Rolando,
> > Love what your doing with ShinyCocos, even though I've not done much
> > Ruby work before, its interesting stuff..
>
> Thanks! It really helps to put a working prototype really fast :-)
> Here the guys loved so much the (very preliminary) ruby bindings, that
> we're going to release our first game using them!... so expect lots of
> updates in the next days.
>
> > I did a VERY crude demo for someone a while back, it might not be
> > what your after, but check it out just incase...
> >
> http://groups.google.com/group/cocos2d-iphone-discuss/browse_thread/thread/fe283985c5b71595/edf1ee5cd62e0f8f?lnk=gst&q=Moving+camera+or+objects+in+and+out+of+the+frame#edf1ee5cd62e0f8f
>
> thanks!! that code really helped! I was very close, but I had to see
> something working in order to take it from there. I implemented a
> small "window" scroll: the scroll is made if the player goes too far
> to the right or too far to the left. In the center there's no scroll.
>
> > I think others have got the camera to work, & I'd prefer to use a
> > camera of some sort, but I found a few issues when trying it
> > originally, so went for this approach. The code is a very simplified
> > version of a panning layer in one game prototype I was working on a
> > while back.
> >
> > Phil
>

> thanks again!
> --
> Rolando Abarca M.

Did you read the cocos2d documentation? http://tinyurl.com/b8cqm3
Please, read it before asking for help. Probably your answer is there.