cocos2d-iphone-discuss@googlegroups.com

[cocos2d-iphone] Re: frame rate and power consumption Joao Caxaria Thu May 28 10:00:31 2009

I never even consider this problem.. Why would you guys even consider the
battery life? As a game developer I want my game to be as smooth as
possible, if I could I would run it at 120 fps.. If the battery depletes
quickly or not.. well, the iphone owner will probably blame apple for it
so...

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Codemattic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ive wondered the same thing.  Obviously running at 30 will tax the
> processor less than 60 - but is it enough to make a noticeable
> difference in battery life?
>
> anyway use this to set your fps:
>
> //run at 60 frames per sec
> [[Director sharedDirector] setAnimationInterval:1.0/60];
>
> //run at 30 frames per sec
> [[Director sharedDirector] setAnimationInterval:1.0/30];
>
> hth, Codemattic
>
> On May 28, 11:02 am, Choi Myungjin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello group members,
> >
> > I am wondering if i change the frame rate from 60 to 30, could it be
> > help to save power?
> >
> > If it is right, how can i configure frame rate?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Choi, Myung-jin

Did you read the cocos2d documentation? http://tinyurl.com/b8cqm3
Please, read it before asking for help. Probably your answer is there.