connman@connman.net

Re: Connman bluetooth support is suffering from bit rot Rusty Lynch Thu Aug 06 11:31:40 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 23:14 -0700, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Rusty,
>
> > While trying to unit test my updates in carrick that allow me
> > to connect to my iphones tethered bluetooth network, I am finding
> > that bluetooth support in connman hasn't kept up with all the
> > recent changes.
> >
> > Specifically, there is no possible path for a bluetooth type
> > network to show up as a service.
> >
> > With the following patch I can see my previously paired device
> > to show up as a service, and I can even click on 'connect' and
> > watch the service eventually update the status to 'ready', but
> > doesn't really work (i.e. we are not really connected to a
> > PAN network.)
>
> so I pushed a bunch of patches now that should fix this.

Ahh... cool!

BTW, I found that an iPhone 3G is able to expose a bluetooth PAN network
with AT&T in the USA.  My failed attempts that I talked about on IRC
were with a first generation iPhone.

As soon as I can get my hands on a phone that exposes PAN then I will
give this a try.  I've already landed the bluetooth technology switches
in the Carrick master branch, so it should 'just work'.

    --rusty