coreaudio-api@lists.apple.com

Re: sample data types (iOS) Doug Wyatt Wed Feb 15 22:00:04 2012

On iOS 5 you will see a floating point "hardware" format on the RemoteIO
sometimes (depends on the route).

Many if not all of the Apple AU's now support floating point formats.

Feel free to set a float client format on the remoteIO and let it convert to
fixed or integer when necessary.