coreaudio-api@lists.apple.com

Re: custom AudioUnits and processing iTunes library on iPhone Kevin Dixon Tue Apr 03 13:00:27 2012

Thanks Chris, I was just in need of a "possible or not" answer.
This is good news, of course.

So is it possible to process the music the user is playing with their
"media player of choice", or would you have to implement a whole media
player UI etc? In Android you can instantiate an effect on the global
output stream for example...

Thanks again
-Kevin