courier-imap@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [Courier-imap] Cannot write to, but not read from, shared folders Sam Varshavchik Fri Apr 16 15:02:46 2010

Mike Edenfield writes:

On 4/15/2010 7:43 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Mike Edenfield writes:

Apr 15 13:25:38 basement imapd-ssl: fop_read_meta:
shared-folders/spam/CaughtHam/tmp/1271352338.M623399P25398_sync.basement:
unexpected
file type or format

There is no such error message in Courier-IMAP. This error is not coming
from Courier-IMAP.

A Google search for "fop_read_meta" suggests that you have a broken
Berkeley DB library.

See http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16677

The fix suggested there should probably work for you.

Thanks!

I switched over to gdbm and everything appears to be working.

I vaguely recall when I initially set up this mail server that I chose
berkdb over gdbm for a reason (I think it was related to SpamAssassin
and Perl, but I can't remember exactly what).  As far as courier is
concerned is there any particular benefit of one over the other?

No -- they are interchangable in functionality.