courier-maildrop@lists.sourceforge.net

Re: [maildropl] per-user uid & ldap Petri Riihikallio Tue Apr 10 06:03:17 2007

> The maildrop line in postfix originally looked like this:
>
> maildrop  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>   flags=DRhu user=mail argv=/usr/bin/maildrop -d ${recipient}
>
> and the authldaprc:
> LDAP_MAIL               mail
> LDAP_HOMEDIR            mailMessageStore
> LDAP_MAILDIR            mailMessageStore
> LDAP_GLOBAL_UID                mail
> LDAP_GLOBAL_GID                mail
> LDAP_DEREF              never
>
> Now I changed the authldaprc file by setting the LDAP_UID to uidNumber
> and the LDAP_GID accordingly
> and removed the '-d' switch from the postfix master.cf file

Do not remove the '-d' switch, it is necessary. Is /usr/bin/maildrop
owned by root and have it's suid bit set? Does the user 'mail' belong
to the trusted users of maildrop (set at compile time)?
See 'man pipe' section Flags -> user= and 'man maildrop' section
Options -> -d

Another approach would be to use maildrop as mailbox_command in Postfix.
See http://www.postfix.org/MAILDROP_README.html section Indirect
delivery via the local delivery agent
--
Cheers