coyotos-dev@coyotos.org

[coyotos-dev] QEMU update Jonathan S. Shapiro Sun Aug 13 12:52:21 2006

We have a RPM for qemu 0.7.2 in the coyotos repository. It has just come
to my attention that the RedHat "extras" repository now have version
0.8.0 (at least for FC4), and that for some reason the upgrade isn't
occurring automatically.

USERS RUNNING FC5:

As of today, qemu hasn't made into the FC5 extras/ directory. If it
doesn't show up there soon I will build one and stick it into the
Coyotos repository for FC5 when we bring that up.

USERS RUNNING FC4:

I have removed the qemu binary RPM for FC4 from the Coyotos yum
repository.

If you are running FC4, and you have qemu 0.7.2 installed, you should
(as root)

        rpm -e qemu
        yum install qemu

You may also have qemu-debuginfo installed, in which case you should
also

        rpm -e qemu-debuginfo

USERS RUNNING FC3:

FC3 is no longer maintained, and the Fedora team hasn't provided a qemu
RPM for that. We no longer run it here, so I don't have a good way to
build one.

Since there is nothing wrong with continuing to run the older version,
I'm simply going to leave the old package there for your convenience.

shap