cross-lfs@linuxfromscratch.org

Re: Glibc problems Chris Staub Wed Dec 28 08:40:16 2005

Ken Moffat wrote:

Needless to say, the files installed from the sanitised headers and binutils, and the logs for binutils, are identical (not surprising, nothing has changed). Diffing glibc between 20051024 and 20051107, there are changes for the configure process, so perhaps something is broken, or something got missed.

Plan A: try a newer snapshot, to see if this is fixed on x86. If it is, I'll need to try to isolate what has changed, I really don't want to invite everybody to retest all architectures with a later glibc snapshot if that can be avoided.

Plan B: maybe binutils-2.16.1 is now too old for glibc-head, at least on x86.

I'd still appreciate a response to my earlier questions from anybody who *has* built cross-lfs for x86 using glibc-20051107.

Ken

I'm building a cross-lfs system right now, with glibc-20051107 - currently halfway through the final-system - and haven't had any problems. My LFS_HOST and LFS_TARGET are both i686-pc-linux-gnu.