derby-user@db.apache.org

Error on CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE mane_uk Tue Dec 13 19:00:12 2011

Hi Knut Anders,

   First of all, sorry for keeping creating new threads but don't know how
to reply in the same thread.

   Anyway, based on your last e-mail:

Is the opposite also true? Do every column in the table have a
corresponding field in the csv file? This error message usually means
that there are more columns in the table than in the csv file, in which
case you'll have to use SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA instead and specify which
columns to import.

   The answer is yes... I have created manually the table based on the
column's label so each column in the table should have a correspondent
column in the excel spreadsheet/csv file and vice-versa.

   And i have also tried using the IMPORT_DATA instead of IMPORT_TABLE but
then it gives the following error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: Import error on line 1 of
file C:\dev\workspace\aaaatest\TRADEMANAGERXLHEAD_TRADELEG.csv: Invalid
character string format for type INTEGER.

   Again, the fields were created based on the content of the cells so it is
correct. And I made sure to change the format of the cell to also correspond
to the content. And, in view of the size of the spreadsheet (42k+ rows and
60+ columns) I can't really go row by row checking all the data.

   Anymore ideas please?

Many thanks
Emanuel