derby-user@db.apache.org

Re: Derby database started in READ ONLY mode Ram T Tue Feb 07 00:00:22 2012

Hi All,

Finally i could able to reproduce the issue with below steps.
I have filled all the memory on the disk with placing temporary files.
And restarted the derby, then some of the databases are started normally,
and some of the databases are started in READ ONLY mode.
I have performed drop command with connecting to the derby using ij command.
i got the same error DDL is not permitted.
Then i have free the memory on disk and restarted the derby.
Now i have verified with performing the same command on the same db. Now the
table got deleted as expected without any issues.
Thanks for you response.