dev-extensions@lists.mozilla.org

Re: Extension only load partially Jorge Villalobos Mon Feb 06 08:00:53 2012

On 2/4/12 11:03 AM, Myriam Abramson wrote:

I have an extension that seems to work fine for most users but
exhibits a strange behavior for one (critical) user. It seems that
only the .xul part loads so that a menu related to the extension
appears but nothing else works.

My extension is not signed and I'm starting to think that maybe there
is a security setting in this user's configuration that prevents the
extension to load properly. No such messages is given though at
install time. Is there a setting that would prevent an unsigned
extension to load properly? This user has the Zotero extension
working.

What could be the problem?

TIA,
                                    myriam

Go Proverb:

The carpenter's square becomes ko.

You should ask the user to temporarily disable all other add-ons to see if that fixes the problem. If it does, you can narrow it down to a specific add-on causing the incompatibility, and then it'll be easier to investigate.

- Jorge