dev-extensions@lists.mozilla.org

Re: Question on Altering Someone Else's Extension Axel Grude Mon Feb 06 15:01:08 2012

On 05/02/12 23:55, David E. Ross wrote:
For my own use, I tweaked the install.rdf file for BetterPrivacy 1.68 so
that it could be installed with SeaMonkey 2.7.  Currently, AMO has
BetterPrivacy 1.68 only for Firefox.  Can I submit my tweaked version to
AMO for other SeaMonkey users?  Or do I need the developer's permission?

the usual way would be to submit a patch to the addon author and ask them if they would support it. Most extension authors would be happy with this, as it increases the target audience.

Axel