dev@lists.horde.org

Re: [dev] Performance issues with IMP git Jan Schneider Thu Jan 08 11:00:20 2009

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Quoting Jan Schneider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Does anybody else see really bad performance using IMP from git? I'm
talking about over 20 seconds for a page request, no matter whether
viewing a single message or a virtual folder.
Further analysis shows that most of the time (each around 40%) is
spent in fgets() and feof() called from
Horde_Imap_Client_Socket::_getLine(). From message.php they are called
38/36 times, from my virtual inbox 404/372 times.

Nope - instantaneous for me. (I'm glad to get feedback, though. I kind of figured the code wasn't perfect :) )

fgets/feof should be called that many times - those functions should be called once for every line of input read from the stream. Maybe there's an issue with stream blocking on your system - possibly play around with socket_set_blocking() and see if that fixes things(?)

Further digging showed that almost 99% of this delay seems to be caused by imap requests from the login methods. Using the test_client.php from framework returns instantaneously though.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/