dev@lists.horde.org

Re: [dev] Horde_Group_Contactlists Michael M Slusarz Tue Feb 21 23:00:21 2012

Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Why does this exist when you can't configure this in config? It was added here:

commit 92619b968b1e47d3b0af5f8efb23775fc26f4519
Author: Jan Schneider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:   Sat Mar 5 18:06:17 2011 +0100

   Implement Contactlists driver.

.../Group/lib/Horde/Group/ContactListObject.php    |  109 ------
framework/Group/lib/Horde/Group/Contactlists.php | 377 ++++----------------
.../Group/test/Horde/Group/ContactlistTest.php     |   73 ++++
framework/Group/test/Horde/Group/Stub/Api.php      |   97 +++++

At a minimum, this should not be living in Horde_Group. It should be moved to Horde_Core_Group_Contactlists, since it can not be used outside of Horde.

I believe this is a refactoring of the contactlist driver I wrote for SAPO. It was written before we really heavily refactored for Horde 4, which is probably why it's not in Core.

I agree though, that going forward this should be moved to Core (if we even need to keep it in our tree).

Is it useful for users? If so, I don't have any objection into cleaning it up. Although the performance right now was horrible - the Group API calls in Turba are tremendously inefficient (they were causing SAPO servers to crash in production) so that would need to be refactored.

michael